Welcome to Loula World

It's a crazy life but someone's got to live it...

Welcome to Loula Land.

Loula Love xxx

Labels

Apple (2) Apps (2) Blogger (10) Celebs (48) Christmas (4) Comedy (15) Diet (1) Dogs (1) Driving (2) Embarrassing (3) Glee (9) Halloween (1) Health (4) Hollyoaks (1) House Hunting (8) Internet (5) iPhone (2) Jack Russell (5) Katy Perry (2) Kids (1) Make-Up and Beauty (6) Movies (11) Music (22) Random (24) Relationships (9) Review (7) Rolls (1) School (1) Skins (1) The Paranormal (7) The Vampire Diaries (8) The X Factor (10) TOWIE (1) TV (55) Women (2) Work (3) World Issues (34) Writing (4) Zeus (4)

Saturday 7 May 2011

Adele This, Adele That

Seriously, stop throwing Adele down my flippin' neck! There is such a thing as 'overplayed, overkilled', you know!!?

She is only what I can describe as...wait for it...mediocre. I can see this all going in the same direction as many 'pop' artists before her. People are amazed at the fact that there is a new singer in town who hasn't gone all electro on us (I'm talking to you here, BEP!) and has not got that generic voice that most other singers do - as well as not being a size 0. However, like many singers before her, one short break from 'work' and it could be all over. Duffy, anyone? ...Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Still, I should allow her that special 15 minutes of fame that everybody is entitled to. To support that, I will admit that I do like her song "Someone Like You" (not to be confused with the POP hit from Kings of Leon [sell outs]) as it does invoke an emotion from me. Even if it is one of sadness!

I fail to name any other song of hers. Has she done any? Concrete Pavements? That was one, wasn't it?

I heard somewhere recently that Beyoncé told Adele that "listening to you is like being spoken to by God". Are you sure you're not getting confused with Cliff Richard there, B?

Blimey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters...