Welcome to Loula World

It's a crazy life but someone's got to live it...

Welcome to Loula Land.

Loula Love xxx

Labels

Apple (2) Apps (2) Blogger (10) Celebs (48) Christmas (4) Comedy (15) Diet (1) Dogs (1) Driving (2) Embarrassing (3) Glee (9) Halloween (1) Health (4) Hollyoaks (1) House Hunting (8) Internet (5) iPhone (2) Jack Russell (5) Katy Perry (2) Kids (1) Make-Up and Beauty (6) Movies (11) Music (22) Random (24) Relationships (9) Review (7) Rolls (1) School (1) Skins (1) The Paranormal (7) The Vampire Diaries (8) The X Factor (10) TOWIE (1) TV (55) Women (2) Work (3) World Issues (34) Writing (4) Zeus (4)

Saturday 15 October 2011

iPhone iOS5 Update

Yesterday, I jumped on the bandwagon of updating my iPhone to the most current software (the iOS5).

I have to say...

I'm so glad I did!!  It's brilliant!

The update, and the new iPhone 4, pays amazing tribute to Steve Jobs who passed away last week.  The true Genius behind the entire Apple corporation and today's, and the future's, standard of technology!

The new features include:

iMessage; which I believe is like a Blackberry Messenger (BBM) where all text messages between iPhone users are free - a step up from the marvellous Whatsapp, which you have to purchase (69p!) from the App Store.

New sounds - I have had tremendous fun assigning a number of sounds to the various applications on my iPhone.  You can now also purchase tones from iTunes and assign them to contacts.  Very exciting stuff!
One thing that doesn't seem to be working is my "Tweet" tone - I have assigned the tone Tweet to "Tweet" but I still seem to be getting the Tri-Tone when a notification comes through from Twitter!  (Help, please, anyone...!!?)

There is a new feature where you can swipe down from your main screen and it brings up an array of information, including the weather, notifications, missed calls etc.

You can now take pictures using the "up" volume button, instead of having to use the home button on the front of the phone.

Finally, there is something called the iCloud.  As far as I'm aware, it stores all your info (messages, contacts, emails etc)... but I'm not really sure...?!

So, while the Blackberry users of the world (myself being one of these twelve months ago) are complaining that their phones are rubbish, iPhone users are basking in the glory of their phones continuing to reign as the most superior!

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to go bask...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters...