Welcome to Loula World

It's a crazy life but someone's got to live it...

Welcome to Loula Land.

Loula Love xxx

Labels

Apple (2) Apps (2) Blogger (10) Celebs (48) Christmas (4) Comedy (15) Diet (1) Dogs (1) Driving (2) Embarrassing (3) Glee (9) Halloween (1) Health (4) Hollyoaks (1) House Hunting (8) Internet (5) iPhone (2) Jack Russell (5) Katy Perry (2) Kids (1) Make-Up and Beauty (6) Movies (11) Music (22) Random (24) Relationships (9) Review (7) Rolls (1) School (1) Skins (1) The Paranormal (7) The Vampire Diaries (8) The X Factor (10) TOWIE (1) TV (55) Women (2) Work (3) World Issues (34) Writing (4) Zeus (4)

Wednesday 1 June 2011

The Hobbit

I know many people out there are very excited about The Hobbit being released as a movie later this year, but I have to confess that I suffer nothing but dread for this film.

Now, I did in fact think that The Lord of the Rings trilogy was not too bad. However, I do feel apprehensive about its prequel, and let me tell you why...

When I was in year 5 at school, we had The Hobbit read to us by the teacher. Now, I'll be frank, it was possibly the most boring story I've ever had read to me in my life.

C'mon, I was 9!

There was just one person in the class who liked it, let's call him Boring Boris (as an ode to Bilbo Baggins who shares the same alliterated letters), and he would put his hand up to ask questions.

Why?

Why would someone choose to prolong this torture any further? Why would you need to ask questions?

As you can imagine, Boring Boris became public enemy number 1.

So, now, when I am reminded that such a painful time in my life is being created into a motion picture, I wince with the piercing memories that take me back to the grit-riddled carpet where my legs were numb from crossing them for so long, and a monotonous drone hummed in my ear, telling me all about Bilbo Bloody Baggins.

Arghhhhhhhhh!!


- Loulabella posting from her iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters...