Welcome to Loula World

It's a crazy life but someone's got to live it...

Welcome to Loula Land.

Loula Love xxx

Labels

Apple (2) Apps (2) Blogger (10) Celebs (48) Christmas (4) Comedy (15) Diet (1) Dogs (1) Driving (2) Embarrassing (3) Glee (9) Halloween (1) Health (4) Hollyoaks (1) House Hunting (8) Internet (5) iPhone (2) Jack Russell (5) Katy Perry (2) Kids (1) Make-Up and Beauty (6) Movies (11) Music (22) Random (24) Relationships (9) Review (7) Rolls (1) School (1) Skins (1) The Paranormal (7) The Vampire Diaries (8) The X Factor (10) TOWIE (1) TV (55) Women (2) Work (3) World Issues (34) Writing (4) Zeus (4)

Monday 6 June 2011

Poperastar

Well, the first episode of Popstar to Operastar kicked off last night.

Has it offered as much as last year's debut show?  Hmm, well, not quite.  It didn't seem to have the same charm that it had last year - but perhaps this was due to the bar being set so high by last year's contestants.

Rolando is still proving to be quite the loveable character, even if I have no idea what he is saying half of the time - in fact, he could be swearing and I'm still saying "aww, Rolando!" - and Katherine Jenkins just makes me shake with envy by her beauty.  She looked amazing in that red dress, didn't she?  However, I think she could offer a bit more personality, no matter how lovely her voice is when she sings.

Moving on to Mylene Klass.  She's ok.  That's it.  Quite mediocre to be honest, but I don't mind her being the presenter as much as I did last year.  I think she was just everywhere last year - she literally did EVERYTHING - and I got fed up of seeing her.

I'll tell you who I was disappointed to see has been dropped from the judging panel - Meatloaf!  What a character he was.  I can't believe he is not on it this year.  (Let me confirm that I could not give two flying bananas about Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen)  I am pleased to see Simon Callow has joined the panel though.  I'm also very impressed that they got such a big-named star to be part of the show.  Vanessa-Mae is yet to prove herself as, to be honest, I don't really know much about her...

I think the first one to be given the boot, Midge Ure, was the right choice.  All of the others offered very good performances for their first attempts at singing Opera, poor Midge was not quite at the same level.

I predict, like many of you out there probably do too, that Joe McElderry will be the winner.  He does have a very good voice, and I think it's important to remember that this could be the only time we ever see him again.  If he'd come second on The X Factor a couple of years ago, he'd be soaring high by now.  However, we all know that winners do not do as well... Let's give him the chance he deserves to win again before he travels back to oblivion.

Who knows though, eh?  I thought Bernie Nolan was going to win last year but she was pipped to the post by Darius the Underdog.  The same could happen again this year!  Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters...