Welcome to Loula World

It's a crazy life but someone's got to live it...

Welcome to Loula Land.

Loula Love xxx

Labels

Apple (2) Apps (2) Blogger (10) Celebs (48) Christmas (4) Comedy (15) Diet (1) Dogs (1) Driving (2) Embarrassing (3) Glee (9) Halloween (1) Health (4) Hollyoaks (1) House Hunting (8) Internet (5) iPhone (2) Jack Russell (5) Katy Perry (2) Kids (1) Make-Up and Beauty (6) Movies (11) Music (22) Random (24) Relationships (9) Review (7) Rolls (1) School (1) Skins (1) The Paranormal (7) The Vampire Diaries (8) The X Factor (10) TOWIE (1) TV (55) Women (2) Work (3) World Issues (34) Writing (4) Zeus (4)

Wednesday 22 June 2011

Too much tea...

Some of you may think that there is no such thing as having too much tea.

However, put yourself in my shoes.  I'm not a big tea drinker.  Don't get me wrong, it has been know for me to enjoy the odd brew every now and again, but generally, I'd rather have some pop.

If you have read any of my previous blogs today, you will have observed that I started work again this week (only temporary till next Thursday).  So, as you can imagine, the first day is always rather daunting.  You are thrown into the lions' den where the lions are all good chums, sharing some banter over the new carcass that has been thrown into their territory.  Is this intruder a fellow lion, or a wildebeast that can be feasted upon? Or worse, sharingly teased.

In order to introduce myself to these new people, and assure them that I come in peace, I took it upon myself to gain their trust through the offering of a hot beverage.  There seems to be an invisible bind between tea-drinkers.  I needed to be part of that group.  I needed acceptance from the Elite.

However, this introductory gesture has now trapped me within a routine of tea drinking.  I've had about twelve cups already today.

And the Elite?  Well, I've moved desks now and am at the opposite end of the office to them.  They only speak to me when asking if I want a cup of tea.

I'm also the only one who takes sugar in their drink too.

Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters...