Welcome to Loula World

It's a crazy life but someone's got to live it...

Welcome to Loula Land.

Loula Love xxx

Labels

Apple (2) Apps (2) Blogger (10) Celebs (48) Christmas (4) Comedy (15) Diet (1) Dogs (1) Driving (2) Embarrassing (3) Glee (9) Halloween (1) Health (4) Hollyoaks (1) House Hunting (8) Internet (5) iPhone (2) Jack Russell (5) Katy Perry (2) Kids (1) Make-Up and Beauty (6) Movies (11) Music (22) Random (24) Relationships (9) Review (7) Rolls (1) School (1) Skins (1) The Paranormal (7) The Vampire Diaries (8) The X Factor (10) TOWIE (1) TV (55) Women (2) Work (3) World Issues (34) Writing (4) Zeus (4)

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Hayfever

Ahh, it's that time of year again when my nose gets crusty, my eyes start to itch and everything including my throat and ears get annoyingly itchy.

Happy days! My good friend hayfever has returned...

So, what shall I do for the next three months?

I usually stick to the following:

1. Try and keep the windows and doors shut - especially my bedroom window. Do NOT open it under any circumstance! I know it's horrible and gets stuffy when it's warm, but to combat that little problem I invested in a tall oscillating fan. One of the best purchases I ever made.

2. Wear those big square sunglasses. Not only do they stop the pollen getting to your eyes, they also make you look cool. Obviously don't wear them indoors as you will indeed end up looking like a loser.

3. Avoid going outside.

4. If your eyes do get itchy, please try and avoid rubbing them. I know from experience how tough that is to do but, one year, I got red patches on the whites of my eyes, and I have also developed conjunctivitis on several occasions. Salt water is apparently the key to cleaning the pollen out. I have tried this every year and even if it doesn't actually work, the warm water is very soothing.

Now, I'm going to let you into my secret - I am going to tell you about a very powerful weapon that will help with the hayfever symptoms...

Benadryl

The best one, I find, is the 4 capsules a day one, rather than the one a day. It's so fast acting and all of the symptoms seem to disappear for a few hours. I genuinely recommend this product above any of the others. Believe me, I've tried them all!

I would recommend buying them online though as they can be quite expensive in the shops. If you do do this, however, please - and that is a big please - make sure the site you are buying them from is a legit pharmacy! Look for the green cross
+

WARNING: One final thing... If you do use Benadryl, please be very VERY careful when drinking alcohol. They are very strong and it has been known for people to become drunk, not tipsy, after half a pint of beer. Great for a cheap night, but very dangerous on a mad night out.

Take care and Good Loula Luck xxx

- Loulabella posting from her iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters...