Welcome to Loula World

It's a crazy life but someone's got to live it...

Welcome to Loula Land.

Loula Love xxx

Labels

Apple (2) Apps (2) Blogger (10) Celebs (48) Christmas (4) Comedy (15) Diet (1) Dogs (1) Driving (2) Embarrassing (3) Glee (9) Halloween (1) Health (4) Hollyoaks (1) House Hunting (8) Internet (5) iPhone (2) Jack Russell (5) Katy Perry (2) Kids (1) Make-Up and Beauty (6) Movies (11) Music (22) Random (24) Relationships (9) Review (7) Rolls (1) School (1) Skins (1) The Paranormal (7) The Vampire Diaries (8) The X Factor (10) TOWIE (1) TV (55) Women (2) Work (3) World Issues (34) Writing (4) Zeus (4)

Thursday 26 May 2011

Jackpot Joy Bingo? More like Jackpot No Joy Congo!

Last year I joined Jackpot Joy Bingo.  I only deposited £5 a time, just a little something to have a bit of fun with.

It wasn't long before I lost interest.  It was quite boring.

So, to my surprise, a year later (last week) I received a letter in the post from JPJ informing me of a £25 bonus that they had put into my account for me.

What a pleasant surprise.  I was thrilled.

As a student, things like this are like gold dust.  Well, even if I wasn't a student I would be over the moon!

So, yesterday, I decided to put this bonus to good use.

First of all, I won £11.  Unbelievable.  I was very excited.  I played a few more games but no more wins.  However, today, I played again.  I played a game that they have called SNAP! which is similar to Bingo but with five playing cards in a line (you can buy a maximum of five lines for 20p each).  It's quite fun, and rather addictive.

I must have won about 8 times.

I went from the £21 I had left in my account to £51 in about half an hour.  It was extraordinary.  So exciting.  I knew what I would do with this new found money - I'll take out £40 and play with the final £10 to see how my luck draws out.

So, I clicked my way to my account to withdraw the cash.  You can understand my surprise when it said that I had £51 in my account but could only withdraw... £0.00.

WHAT?

This would not do.  I sought out the FAQ link where you could speak to an assistant via online chat.  After several minutes of queuing, I was through...

I explained my predicament to the assistant who investigated the problem through access to my account.  She returned to inform me that I could not withdraw any funds until I had spent a further £46.

*cough*cough*splutter*

WHAT?

At this point I had £47 in my account.

Apparently, because I was playing with a bonus, I was expected to match that bonus with my own £25, and it would seem that whatever I win is not mine either.  I have to spend ALL of that, put my own cash in, then whatever I win I can claim as my own.

There is also a jackpot of £10,000.  So, as I understand at the moment, if I won that, I could not claim it and would have to spend £9,999 on the Bingo website.

Absolute CON.

I expressed my disgust toward the assistant and asked her to forward on my grievances to someone of higher authority.  I think it's absolutely appalling.  I told her that if I'd wanted to spend the £25 I would have, and that the £25 bonus was not a bonus at all.  It was a "conus"!  It concerns me that the games that I have been winning, sometimes winning £10 a game, means that the other players, who have put their own money in, are losing to people with a bonus that does not actually exist.  Disgusting!!

Within my discussion, I also mentioned that I found it appalling that Jackpot Joy would distribute a £25 "bonus" as a ploy to get people to spend a further £25.  They then have the audacity to express concern and offer help for gambling addiction.

It's something I am certainly going to keep my eye on and indeed seems, currently, like a Watchdog situation.

Get me Anne Robinson on the phone...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters...