Welcome to Loula World

It's a crazy life but someone's got to live it...

Welcome to Loula Land.

Loula Love xxx

Labels

Apple (2) Apps (2) Blogger (10) Celebs (48) Christmas (4) Comedy (15) Diet (1) Dogs (1) Driving (2) Embarrassing (3) Glee (9) Halloween (1) Health (4) Hollyoaks (1) House Hunting (8) Internet (5) iPhone (2) Jack Russell (5) Katy Perry (2) Kids (1) Make-Up and Beauty (6) Movies (11) Music (22) Random (24) Relationships (9) Review (7) Rolls (1) School (1) Skins (1) The Paranormal (7) The Vampire Diaries (8) The X Factor (10) TOWIE (1) TV (55) Women (2) Work (3) World Issues (34) Writing (4) Zeus (4)

Friday 20 May 2011

Spendaholic

It has gotten to that time of the month again when I open my purse to see that even the moths won't live in there (good job! They are demons!!).

I need to stop spending, but I find that the more I am aware of the budgets I need to make, the more I spend. It is certainly a psychological problem.

Today, I went to New Look and spent X amount of money (let's just say it was more than 50 bones but less than 100). When I was picking up the various items and placing them in my basket, I felt a gravitational pull from the metal rack. It didn't want to let the item go. This made me want it even more. I needed it now!

I wrestled against the rack. An intense game of tug of war. I was determined to win. So was the rack. The knowledge of my 10% student discount spurred me on, chanting like an avid football fan. The rack loosened up and I almost stumbled backwards into a fellow shopper. A shopper who no doubt was going through a similar struggle with her own stubborn rack.

The item was free. Victory was mine. It was MINE! I examined it closely. A vision of beauty that transformed me into a Gollum-esque character. My precious!

Several tackles with various other racks ensued before I was happy with the items that I had collated in my basket.

BUT, this recreational spending has to stop soon. With a mortgage looming in the near future, I need to dedicate the few digits that reside in my bank account towards such a commitment. I need to steer clear of clothes shops and cosmetic companies. My weaknesses.

Surely I can make such a clean break...?!


- Loulabella posting from her iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters...