Welcome to Loula World

It's a crazy life but someone's got to live it...

Welcome to Loula Land.

Loula Love xxx

Labels

Apple (2) Apps (2) Blogger (10) Celebs (48) Christmas (4) Comedy (15) Diet (1) Dogs (1) Driving (2) Embarrassing (3) Glee (9) Halloween (1) Health (4) Hollyoaks (1) House Hunting (8) Internet (5) iPhone (2) Jack Russell (5) Katy Perry (2) Kids (1) Make-Up and Beauty (6) Movies (11) Music (22) Random (24) Relationships (9) Review (7) Rolls (1) School (1) Skins (1) The Paranormal (7) The Vampire Diaries (8) The X Factor (10) TOWIE (1) TV (55) Women (2) Work (3) World Issues (34) Writing (4) Zeus (4)

Sunday 19 February 2012

Come And Praise

Does anyone else remember the 'Come and Praise' books at primary school??

Oh, how much fun we used to have singing the hymns from the books.  There are only a few that I can think of from the top of my head, and I'm not too familiar with the titles either...but who else remembers the following:

1. Dance, dance, wherever you may be.  I am the Lord of the Dance said he, and I'll lead you all, wherever you may be, and I'll lead you all in the dance, said he.  I believe this was called "Lord of the Dance" but I could be wrong...Nowadays, I just associate it with Michael Flatley!?

2. Oh I mustn't forget!  No I mustn't forget...to say a great big thank you, no I mustn't forget.  No idea what this bad boy was called - but what a song!  This was my brother's favourite.

3. He's got the whole world in his hands, he's got the whole world in his hands... That could go on for a while, but you get the jist!

4. Now, I don't remember the rest of this next song, only the beginning.  Nowadays, when I sing it, I seem to go into a different song halfway through...you'll see what I mean: If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning, I'd hammer in the evening, all over this land...but you've gotta have money, a whole lotta spending money, you've gotta have patience and money, to do it right, child.  Close, but no ciggy!

Right, that's all I can remember of the hymns.  The only other thing I remember is the book itself.  It was a blue book with a bunch of creepy looking kids on the front.  They did not look like they wanted to come and praise with us at all... no, they actually looked as if they wanted to kill us instead.

I've attached a picture, which I found on Google, for you to see what I mean...

Do you remember 'Come and Praise' from your Primary School days?  If so, I'd love to know your experiences and what hymns you remember...!

I would also like to know your thoughts on the yobbos from the book...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters...